Sunday, December 30, 2007

Tagged

So I guess Deedles has been on call a lot more this month, so I've been blogging a bit more. . . .lonely call nights=computer time. Anyway, I noticed that Liz tagged me to share five things about myself (a month ago), so here goes:
5) I am quite good at a lot of things but keeping my home tidy isn't one of them. When friends are due to come over, it is always a mad dash to pick up piles and books littered about the house. I just can't figure out how those clean people do it. I feel like every time I pick something up, it just gets all messed up again an hour later. I am not particularly gifted at organizing and I tend to have sentimental attachment to many things and can't throw them out. So, confession one: I am not tidy (My one caveat to this is I absolutely am disgusted by dirty bathrooms, so I always wipe down toilets and countertops every day or two).
4) The people who know me either pre-college or post-college sometimes get confused becuase I am a bit of a chameleon. It is generally a surprise to either batch when they find out I have lead two lives: my school-girl and high-school ways were definitely in the arts. My family grew up with music (my mom made me join all the children's choirs). I was in a lot of plays in junior high and high school. My true love was dance. I started dance when I was 12 and loved it!! I did jazz and ballet till high school and then did more modern and ballroom dancing then. When I started college I planned on majoring in dance and did one semester with that track. I also took a biology class and LOVED IT that semester (I don't know how I graduated, but had only taken 2 science classes in high school). While I was enjoying biology, I struggled with some aspects of dance (mainly body-image, etc--this problem is a topic of a whole other blog). So I switched gears and immersed myself in science classes. To my surprise I found I was quite good at chemistry and molecular biology. I enjoyed labwork!! What a surprise! So people are always surprised that I was either artsy or ended up in the sciences!
3) I can not say no. This has been a great asset because I've been able to do things that I would never have dreamed of simply because someone asked me to. It can also be problematic when I get totally overwhelmed with projects. On the plus side, I am happy to help people out. (the one time I said no was when someone persistently tried to get me to become a Mary Kay consultant-- I was certain that wasn't for me).
2) I have a mirror face. In high school I got a mirror as a gag gift from my dance company. My roomates used to tease me about it in college, and my husband always gets a laugh out of it. Because I have been the object of so much teasing, he tells me my mirror face has been tempered a bit, but sometimes he catches me in the act while doing my hair in the morning. I don't know exactly how to describe mirror face, but someone teased me once that it was my 'blue-steel' look (see Zoolander)
1) I dislike cooking, but try to do it because I know how important family dinner is. I look forward to the day when I won't blink at take-out prices a couple of times a week.

I guess I am supposed to tag 5 other people, so Sarah, Danielle, Juli, Karlea, and Carrie go for it!

3 comments:

Michael n' Brooke Sanderson said...

I really enjoyed learning a few things about you that I didn't even know. You are truly an amazing person and a great example to me. Keep up the good work.

Karlea said...

Camilla. Those were 5 great things about you. I especially loved the mirror face!!! I'll have to think of some fun things and get them posted! (Sometimes it's hard to remember when I wasn't just MOM!!!)

Melissa said...

#3: Is that how Deedles got you to marry him?