Friday, March 21, 2008

A poem

If losing an hour wasn't enough
I'm losing my head, daylight savings is tough.

I've three little children who watch for the moon
to tell them that bedtime is coming quite soon.
But now that we're charting an hour ahead
Those children will just not settle to bed!

Late bedtime is bad, something is possibly worse. . . .
We're sleeping so late that we're missing on Church!
9:00 A.M. comes so quickly for us,
there's no time to do hair, and breakfast, and fuss.

They say we are helping the environment out,
I still can't help but feel I just want to pout!
"DOWN WITH DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME" will be my bold cheer
Please join me in this-- maybe they'll forget it next year?

2 comments:

Mike and Kristin said...

Very clever poem Camilla! Luckily the sun is going down in Vermont just at the right time. That will all change in San Fran and I may be joining your call.

The Cherry Family said...

I agree. I hate daylights savings time. It totally messes up kids, and me!