Sunday, June 8, 2008

100 things to celebrate 100 posts!

When I first read JoAnna's blog, she had just posted her 109th post, and to celebrate she had included 109 things about herself. She encouraged her friends to do the same (now I am her friend via the world wide web).

I realized I am nearing my 100th post so here goes:

1) I have only lived outside of Utah for 7 months (6 during college summers and 1 in Ghana) of my life.

2) When people get to know me, they are surprised I am a 'Utah Mormon." (I don't know exactly what the Utah Mormon stereotype is, but aparently, I don't fit it).

3) When I was in high school I cut my hair really short and dyed it red for a latin ballroom competition. After I did that people thought I was from Mexico (During this time period I got lots of whistles from construction workers).

4) I am inherently lazy. I love to sit down and watch T.V. or do anything else non-productive. Every day, I have to force myself to do said productive things like getting dressed, doing housework, and anything else life requires.

5) Miraculously (considering #4), I finished my Bachelors and Masters in Microbiology.

6) My favorite candy bar is Hershey's Cookies and Creme (I love white chocolate).

7) When I was in junior high, I had a HUGE crush on Zach from Saved By The Bell. In college my crush was Matthew McConaughey. Now I have a crush on (besides my husband) the guy who plays Clark Kent in Smallville.

8) I hate urine in all its varieties-- especially dried out on the toilet.

9) Thus (see #8) my bathroom is the cleanest room in my house-- but don't go into any of the others!

10) When I was a biology and microbiology T.A. in college, I used colored chalk frequently on the board.

11) My worst fear is to become obese (I know it is extremely shallow-- I wish it was something more noble).

12) I like to exercise, but don't do it as frequently as I should.

13) The thing I consider to be my biggest weakness is that I worry too much about what other people think.

14) I often feel like I am still a teenager.

15) I love driving my white minivan.

16) I've never been to Disney World or Disneyland (but we are going to Disneyland in September).

17) My first job was being a food demonstrator in grocery stores.

18) The best food I demonstrated was Chex Muddy Buddies (they were premade in these giant bags and there were TONS left over that I got to take home).

19) I rear-ended a car when I was 16 on my way home from demonstrating at the grocery store. It was July 4th. The airbag went off and burnt my neck. The officer felt bad for me and didn't give me a ticket cause he said I reminded him of his teenage daughter.

20) I've only gotten one speeding ticket in my life on the way home from a friend's wedding in Idaho. I am still bitter about it--it was a speed trap outside of Pocatello!

21)I have an EXTREMELY difficult time saying no.

22)I am the oldest of 5-- one sister and three brothers.

23)I didn't play with dolls when I was a kid.

24) I was on the seventh grade track team. I ran the 400.

25) My mom is in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (I know, I know that's not about me, but it is still cool).

26) The only boyfriend I ever had is the guy I am married to.

27) I've only kissed 3 guys (besides my Dad, Grandpa, and kids).

28) During my senior year of high school my parents moved to Colorado and I stayed behind in Utah because there wasn't any dance programs at the high school I'd be going to there. I learned soooooo much from the Mansfields and consider them my second family (though I don't see or talk to them nearly as much as I should nowdays).

29) I drove a Ford Ranger in high school that we bought from Jim Usevitch (a BYU basketball player). It had 2 gas tanks-- mine was in front and Dad's was in back (don't tell Dad, but once I 'borrowed' his gas).

30) My favorite color to wear is red. Though I really like brown thesedays. . . .

31) I didn't undergo any therapy to get pregnant with my twins. They were a complete surprise!

32) People often ask me if my twins are identical (they are a girl and boy).

33) One day I'd like a seafoam green and brown comforter on my bed. I just like those colors together.

34) When I was a kids we had a gigantic tree in our backyard that I'd climb for hours-- no seriously, my cousins and I would bring blankets up there and make rooms-- it was AWESOME!

35) I am a horrible swimmer and don't feel very comfortable in water.

36) When I was in high school I was obsessed with being tan and would mow the yard in my swimsuit and shorts with tanning oil slathered all over my body (seriously, I have to GROAN when I think of this picture) (in my defense, it was a modest swimsuit).

37) Now I slather my body with sunscreen when I go outside.

38) I pulled 2 all-nighters in the Widtsoe building at BYU during college (the ladies rooms come fully equipped with mattresses).

39) During my Masters degree I had lo
ts of cancer cells I took care of and had to go feed them on Sundays. I called them my little pets (sadly, this is true, and admittedly, VERY NERDY).

40) I took the MCAT in college and got a pretty good score-- but now I am married to a
general surgeon.

41) I wanted to be an OB/GYN when I grew up (after watching D go through med school, I don't anymore).

42) I get along much better with women than men. I love my girlfriends.


43) I refuse to watch horror movies.

44) I've never been to a rock concert.

45) I love newborn babies-- if only they didn't poop so much and keep you awake at night.

46) I hated babysitting when I was a teen, but was asked to sit ALL THE TIME. That's what happens when you are too responsible and can't say no.

47) I admire people who keep their houses pristene-- and I seriously can't figure out how they do it. They always downplay this talent and say it's easy, just requires time, but I've got time and it ain't easy for me!

48) I sometimes struggle when I people ask me what I do, and I reply I am a stay-at-home-mom. I wish my job title was more cool (again, I know, so shallow!)

49) However, I choose to be a stay-at-home-mom and wouldn't change it for the world.

50) My husband and I have fought about the same 2 things since we were married.

51) My husband and I dated for 3 months and were engaged for 3 months before we got married. (in my defense, I knew him for 10 months before we started dating).

52) I wish I had my five-year-old daughter's arms. They are so sculpted and young.

53) I snort when I laugh too hard.

54) I randomly break into song to entertain my kids. Oh, who am I kidding? I do it to entertain myself too.

55) My daughter told me today that I eat too much candy.

56) I know I drink too much diet soda.

57) I love that my husband can use medical and scientific terms and I understand him.

58) My favorite job was teaching basic microbiology to nursing students at Westminster College here in SLC (I only taught 2 semesters, though).

59) Baked goods, like cookies and doughnuts, are my weakness.

60) I love a good salad and would choose that over a hamburger any day.

61) I want to join a bowling league.

62) I have 3 'most embarrassing moments.' Maybe someday I will blog them and you can vote which one is truly the MOST embarrassing.

63) My favorite calling was Young Women's girl's camp director (I did it for three years).

64) If I was male, I would play football. I love football.

65) My best class in high school was English.

66) My favorite class in high school was Art History.

67) My favorite class in college was Book Binding.

68) My favorite memories with my Dad were hiking with him when I was a teen.

69) If I could redo college I would take an extra year and do study abroad and take more fun classes that didn't help with my major at all!

70) My husband proposed to me in the parking lot of the chemistry building at BYU (romantic, eh?)

71) I secretly love going to the zoo as much, probably more than my kids.

72) The thing I cook best is Sweet and Sour Chicken (mmm, mmm good--recipe courtesy of Vicki M.)

73) I was in a card exchange for 4 years where we made 20 homemade cards a month and traded with each other. I quit last year-- sad times.

74) I hate shopping at Wal-Mart.

75) I will feel like I have moved up in the world when my refrigerator dispenses ice and cold water.

76) I love that my baby is named Roger cause no one else has that name (oh yeah, except Grandmpa).

77) My favorite flavor of popsicle is banana.

78) I don't like banana's.

79) My favorite time with my kids is reading them stories. I like to do voices.

80) I want to bungee jump someday.

81) I love to sleep in.

82) I love caroling with my family at Christmas time.

83) I have gotten in a fender bender every year since I've been married (embarrassing, but true-- this includes hitting the car on my house twice and my fence once).

84) I like speaking in church.

85) I want to write a book-- published or not!

86) I check my blogger Dashboard 3 times a day.

87) My laptop has a home in a desk near my kitchen entry.

88) I can't draw at all. Even my stick figures look wrong.

89) I play the piano when I am feeling overwhelmed.

90) Secretly I love that my little daughter can out-toot her Dad-- it is a gift she inherited from mom.

91) I've never found a pair of jeans I've been in love with, yet. Maybe someday when I can shop the more expensive racks. For now, I stay away from them-- too tempting.

92) My favorite vegetable is squash.

93) I like to wear skirts in the summer.

94) I just realized I am just a normal girl-- no really, what a funny thought that everyone else has thoughts and feelings and lives just like me. It's not that I think I'm superwoman, but as I am getting older I realize my own strengths and weaknesses and can appreciate other people's as well.

95) If I had to choose between chocolate and vanilla, I'd choose vanilla--no contest.

96) I am really proud of my husband (and yes, the talk in church today was on pride--guilty as charged!).

97) When I was in Paris, I spent a whole day at EuroDisney--not the Louvre. It was the end of an 8 week trip (most of it spent in Ghana) and I was tired and (see #16) had never had the Disney experience before. My Art History teacher would have been appalled. (in my defense, my husband was really sick of museums).

98) I want to go with my sister-in-laws and our daughters to Europe when they are teens.

99) I hope to be able to pay for the trip (#98). Thank you very much Dr. D.

100) If you are still with me, I am so grateful for my family and my blessings.

10 comments:

Liz said...

Camilla !!! We have so much more in common than I ever knew! I kept smiling when I was reading because you said things just the way I would've. We need to do the girls night out thing MORE OFTEN like we talked about! (Then you can giggle and snort all you want!)

Timani said...

That's very good and very telling. If I did this, there are so many I would want to use.

Heather said...

We are definitely getting together while I'm in town! I laughed so hard on #41. You would have been a great doctor! But trust me the hours are sooo not fun! ;)
That was fun getting to know you better!
I need to try this post sometime when I have the whole day to do it!!! :)

missliss5/Melissa said...

That was a blast to read. I'm a vanilla girl, too. :)

Angela said...

Love this! And just in case you haven't heard, Maren had her baby on Saturday!

Mindy :) said...

Camilla, that is a fantastic list! I am thinking I will have to do one too.

Lark said...

I really enjoyed reading that! So fun to learn more about you.

coreen said...

YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!!--and an extremely talented writer. How about "Domestic Engineer" for #48?

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful blog...u rite beautifully..
i hv twins too..

and ur kids are adorable

Rae said...

You are so not what I would call a normal girl.(THATS A GOOD THING) Normal girls are a little boring. Not nice to say but true. You are super cool and a little nerdy. I love nerds. I married a huge nerd who is a little cool. Thanks so much for sunday. I would say you have no idea how much but you do. We should hang out more. I know theirs not enough time but we should.