Saturday, December 11, 2010

It'll all come out in the wash

During college, D had a great group of roomates.  They tried to loosen him up a bit by drinking his milk and borrowing his detergent.  "It'll all come out in the wash," they cajoled.  When we were first married, I repeated this phrase to loosen D up, and somehow, it has stuck with our family:
"Mom, Davis got more Pringles than I did. . . . " 
"Don't worry, it'll all come out in the wash."  "

"Why did Roger get a treat and we didn't?"
"You got a treat when you were his age. . . .It all comes out in the wash."

This morning I was pleasantly surprised to find something that, quite literally, had come out in the wash.  I've been missing my credit card for a few days, and was about to report it lost, when I went down to the laundry room and saw it peeping back at me from the window.  As a bonus, I even found 2 dollars at the bottom of the bin.   I love it when my sayings come true.  Now I can tell the kids with complete confidence that it will, indeed, come out in the wash.

3 comments:

Rae said...

I hate finding things in the wash or dyer. Like color crayons that have melted all over the clothes. Happened last week. However I would not mind finding money. I love your blog. I just love how you see things. I hope you guys have a great Christmas. I hope you have a restful one (IT COULD HAPPEN). If not still have fun with it.

Timani said...

That's a great saying!

Rebecca Talley said...

I hate finding crayons in the dryer.

My family has a saying like that, "Might as well can't dance." We say it all the time and, well, it's true because we don't dance.