Monday, July 16, 2007

Dr. Deedles leaves a widow at church

Well, yesterday marked my fourth week at church with the three kids. I have noticed that my stomach gets upset on Sunday mornings--presumably because I can't be sure what the 3 hours of church might bring.

Overall, the day went well--much better than last week when the Millar train (mom/roger followed by Eliza and then Davis realizes we are stepping out and follows hastily thereafter) made 4 exits during Sacrament meeting. Roger slept for 30 minutes of the meeting. Davis and Eliza were kept at bay with 2 packs of superman fruit snack and chewy sprees. The one blowup of the meeting was a very intense figh over who got to read the Kim Possible comicbook. The family behind us were happily sharing the their two copies of The Friend.

I didn't have any responsibilities in Primary today which was good because during sharing time Roger was so cute just sitting on my lap until--dum, dum, dum. He had a huge explosion! Poo-pee was running down his leg and made a puddle on my skirt and top. I hastily grabbed the diaper bag and high-tailed it to the bathroom. The whole outfit was a loss and so Roger wore a white onesie during the rest of the day.

As I returned from cleanup duty, the primary was finishing Sharing Time by drawing pictures about how the kids could honor their father and mother. I didn't see the twins' drawings, but when they woke me up this morning, I was informed that they had made their beds. I didn't remember till later that day that 'making your bed' was an activity listed on the board during Sharing time--that realization made the entire crazy day at church worth it-- the kids really are gleaning something!!

1 comment:

Mike and Kristin said...

You know, given the choice between our last high council speaker and Kim Possible, I'd have chosen Kim Possible too. By the way, the kids are freakin' cute!