Monday, September 3, 2007

Back to School Changes

Fall is in the air!!

This means many things at the Millar home:
1) 7:30 A.M is marked by roudy junior high kids whose bus stop is right in front of our house (we still haven't fixed the artwork (graffiti) presumably left by said kids on the lightpost outside of our house last spring). I forgot about those kids, but was painfully reminded last Tuesday morning.
2) Davis and Eliza FINALLY get to start preschool. They have been asking about when school was going to start for weeks. I keep telling them, "fall." When I let them know this morning that preschool was starting tomorrow, Davis asked if the leaves were going to fall off tomorrow too.
3) Eliza gets to start much begged for "ballet class." After months of bugging me about starting dance last spring, I told her that she would have to wait until "fall" to take class. When I finally signed her up a few weeks ago, I felt I should be fair to Davis, so I asked him if he wanted to take dance too. He looked up at me and said, "NO MOM, I want to take golf." GOLF? I didn't even know he knew what that was. I guess he has seen dad swinging his club in the yard. So we called D's nephew, Couper, who is a senior in high school and asked him if he could teach Davis. Davis is very excited about his golfing lessons with cousin Couper on Saturdays.
4) Sweater and Turtleneck season is upon us--my favorite kind of clothes-- but are worn best in the fall before you have to cover them up with snow jackets.

No comments: