Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Boys and Barbies

Davis and Eliza usually get along well. There is OF COURSE the occasional fight (by occasional, I mean 4 or 5 a day), but usually I find the kids making forts, jumping on couches, or reading to each other (I wish they were actually reading, but they just recite books via memory--I get a kick out of it when one corrects the other. "No Davis, it is 'thirsty' not 'firsty'").

There has been one fight, however, that seems never to be resolved. It is the argument over who gets to choose the movie. Eliza is thrilled with all movies Barbie (12 Dancing Princess, Swan Lake, and Fairytopia) while Davis endlessly requests The Incredibles (or anything superhero). Last week, Davis finally conceded. He let us know that Barbie: Fairytopia would be good, but NOT Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses. His exact words, "When I watch those girls dancing, it makes the peepee dancers inside of me wake up and I have to go to the potty."

Well, I'm glad that he cleared that up for us. I thought his objection was that the movie was Barbie related, but no, it is the peepee dancers.

Yesterday when we visited the redbox (dollar movie rental machine) Davis was "Okay" with the Island Princess Barbie movie. In fact, he was the one who requested to watch the end of the movie after preschool.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

This posting awoke the pee-pee dancers in me too.