Monday, September 3, 2007

D is a real doctor

D really is Dr. Millar. He was on call last night and did 2 cases-- an apendectomy and a mesenteric torsion (in human speak this means he fixed a lady's bowel that was wrapped around some arteries). I figure if he has to be at the hospital in the middle of the night, he might as well be enjoying himself (unfortunately, his fun is someone else's pain).


He's done a few gall bladder surgeries and a laparoscopic apendectomy. I know he is in the right field because he comes home excited on those days, even though he is running low on fuel--he"forgets" to eat-- a phenomenon I have never been able to understand. I "forget" to do the laundy or pay the bills, but can't seem to "forget" to eat. Unfortunately, I could do to "forget" a meal or two every now and again, but alas, that doesn't seem to be my downfall.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That's hillarious. I, also, would never forget to eat. Us women put eating at the top of the priority list. Congrats on your new blog!! Sounds like Deedles is fitting in nicely. You're going to hate me but Steve is on Neuroradiology right now and works 3 hours a day with weekends off!! But it's a blessing though because I've needed him to help with the kids.