Sunday, September 30, 2007

growing out of your clothes

We have a really great thing going with the Goodrich cousins. Sadie is 9 months older than Eliza and we get a bunch of her and Macie's hand-me-downs. When Eliza grows out of these clothes they get passed back to Dezzie.

Today while getting ready for bed, I commented that Eliza's jammies were getting a little too short. She let me know that we should give them to Dezzie. Then she asked me when she would start wearing my clothes. "When I grow bigger and bigger I need to wear mommy clothes. Then, mom, you can wear grandma clothes."

I told Eliza that when she grows up she can buy her own clothes, but she insisted that she needed to wear my "mommy clothes." I finally realized she wanted to wear my clothes because she was worried that as she grew her clothes would not fit--she didn't want to go naked to the store to buy new ones.

I explained to her that we would make sure to go shopping before she "grew out of" the clothes she was wearing. Glad we got that one all cleared up.

2 comments:

Sarah Palfreyman said...

this is good info to know..guess i should just start keeping my clothes for Sage instead of giving them charity.

Karen said...

Hey Millars. It is so great to see your cute family. I have been thinking about you and wanting to come see you. I bet Roger has really grown up!I think that these blog spots are great. I wish I had my act together to do one! It is great for me to keep up with those that I love! Hope you are all doing great! Keigh