Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hobbies

I frequently read about everyone else's trips and projects and, quite frankly, it makes me feel like I am a pack of poop.  I can't even keep my house clean.  I am not kidding.  As I take a look to my left there are toys all over the living room, and to my right, the kitchen table is covered with a stuffed tiger, the Book of Mormon (hey, at least I read), an empty baby food jar, a surgery text, and a Magic Treehouse Book.  I think I wiped it down after breakfast yesterday, but ummmm, it really needs another wipe down right now.

In another life, I loved making hand-made cards, sewed a quilt, scrapbooked, and even sat down to play piano on the side.  This doesn't really happen much (okay, at all) anymore. So, I figured I better post here that I actually am sometimes up to something productive. . . . for Christmas, I bought myself some beads and got a beading class for free.  I've made a few necklaces and bracelets, but have found that making earrings is simple and easy- mostly because I don't have to set up much or put away much.

So, yep, here's the proof of what I've been doing.  And it's really cheap.  I can make a pair of earings for a buck or so.  Aren't they cute?  (just say yes, even if you don't think so.  It will brighten up my day)

15 comments:

Jesse Millar said...

Normally I'm not much of a fan of earrings, but these are rather cute! And you can't beat a buck a pop! Maybe you should mark these up and sell 'em on etsy.com. *knowledgeable wink*

Becky said...

Those are great!

The first three sentences of this post echo exactly how I feel!

Crystal said...

They are cute, Camilla! And I'm not just saying that to brighten your day either. I'd buy those if they were in the store. You should sell them on Etsy or something.

Michelle Glauser said...

One dollar? Wow, that's awesome. I really like them. Maybe you should open a shop. I did and even have a giveaway on my blog that's open til next week, but it seems like no one's interested. :(

Kelli said...

I love those! Super cute!

Stephanie said...

Hobbies are overrated, especially when they make non-hobbiests feel like a "pack of poop." Your earrings really are cute.

Lori said...

I was going to comment on your last post about potty training but...well...I'm not there yet! I'm waiting til Sean is 3 to even start.
And, I seriously love those earings. That's talent. I love earings so maybe I should learn to do that. A buck sounds really good to me right now!

Liz said...

I love those! I don't know how to do that...maybe for another hobby you could teach me!!!

Christina said...

You have a great eye! And you're not a bag of poop! :-)

The Cherry Family said...

Those are cute earrings!! And you get to know every time you wear them that you made them. Good luck with the four kiddos.

Jenny M said...

Definitely not a bag of poop :) I love the light blue ones - they are darling!

Kearl said...

I do love your earrings. Sometimes I feel so behind, but I figure I'll catch up when my kids are all in school. Right now, there are more important things going on than having a clean house.

I wanted to ask if you know of any piano teachers. My 5 yr. old has been asking about learning.

Melissa said...

Very cute darling.

I can always count on you to add the word poop to your postings. Thanks.

La La Land said...

These are so cute! I love making earrings, too. Maybe we should get together for an earring making party!

Timani said...

Do you live in my house? Often I'm embarrassed to open the door.

DARLING earrings!