Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Eliza's first marriage proposal

Last night when I picked up Davis and his buddy from the gym, his friend told me, "Guess what?  I've finally decided what I'm going to be when I grow up."

"What's that, Jaydyn?"  I replied.

"Davis's brother-in-law," he said.

"Oh.  Well the only way you can be Davis's brother-in-law is if you marry Eliza," I tried to clarify.

"Yeah, I know.  She is a pretty cute little girl.  And you are a nice mom.  So it is a good idea."

"Alright, then.  Who's going to tell Eliza?  Me or you?"

I think this i marriage is more about being linked to Davis than marrying Eliza.  I'll let you know when I figure it out. In the meantime, I'll be fending off potential suitors for at least 15 more years.

5 comments:

Heather said...

hahaha!! i just love your stories. they make me laugh & smile first thing in the morning!!
BTW the twins are pretty dang cute!!! good luck with that. i am thinkin you might need a stick!! :)

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

hahahahaha! That Jayden...he just cracks me up. But still, the kid has a point. Davis as a brother-in-law and beautiful Eliza as a wife? Sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

WOLF-PACK said...

That is so dang cute.

Denise said...

Funny! I found your blog from another blog I follow. I am now following your blog too. You see, I am an identical twin myself. I will enjoy reading what you write about your twins, as well as what your thoughts are as the mother of twins. I hope you will follow me back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com

Kearl said...

It happens. I have a brother and sister that are twins, and she married his best friend. It's been great.