Monday, February 18, 2008

mind your manners, please!

I have a bad habit of picking food out of the serving bowls "after" everyone has dished up. For some reason, it feels like if I don't put seconds on my plate, the calories won't count (I will keep dreaming). Don't believe me? Ask my family who keep trying to tell me to just dish up if I am still hungry. I usually laugh at them and say it is just one of those things you just love to hate about me.

Last Saturday at dinner I was conversing with the family when Eliza said, "Mom, stop that! You are being disrespectful." I looked down and realized I was picking up kernels of corn one at a time and stuffing them into my mouth.

What a wake up call-- being taught manners by a 4-year-old.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

CAMILLA, THIS IS AWESOME! I do this all the time and that is why I just lost 35lbs! I wouldn't pick the corn up though... I would pick up the corn, the peas, the bread, the... everything! Your kids are so funny and it is great that you write their words down!