Saturday, June 26, 2010

For the love of girls!

I don't blog much about Eliza.  She's my steady, lovely girl.  So responsible. Sometimes whiny (everyone needs a vice, right?).  But, overall, just a pleasure.  I am so glad I've got a girl because already we have some similar interests- shopping, So You Think You Can Dance, hair-doing, and nail painting to name a few.  I can count on her to be very responsible around the house and she has warned me at times if Reed is headed for the stairs or some other type of danger.

Today is a big day for her.  She's got TOP's testing for gymnastics.  She chose not to compete this year because she was nervous about it, so today will be the first day she puts on her uniform and shows some of her skills in font of anyone outside of her class.  When we got in the car after class last night, she informed me she had been told to eat a very healthy dinner ("like with tomatoes") and no junk food or sugar. I suggested we make a smoothie, eggs, and oatmeal for breakfast.  She thought that was a great idea.  Then she informed me she had been told to do some stretching before bed and in the morning.  True to her instructions, she diligently stretched for 30 minutes last night.

While I was blending up her smoothie this morning she reminded me not to add any sugar, but "fruit would be okay."  After she ate, she ran downstairs to do some more stretching.

Seriously, is she not just a mature little spirit trapped in a little girls body?   So proud of her.  I hope she is pleased with her performance today.

3 comments:

WOLF-PACK said...

Good luck Eliza!!

Penny said...

How did she do?? I love reading your blog, Camilla. You are so creative! We should try and get together this summer with our kids...I'd love to see you again and meet them.

Camilla Millar said...

Penny, she was very proud of her performance. She didn't do her personal best on a couple of the things, but overall, she did well and learned that she can perform in front of others.