Monday, June 7, 2010

Lost, but Found

When I took Roger to the library today he was most excited to ride the elevator.  We returned our books and he beelined to the elevator.  It was open.  He jumped in.  Then the doors closed before I could get in.  I could hear him saying, "Mom, where are you?" as he went downstairs.  Remarkably, he remained calm and I instructed him from the other side of the doors to stay downstairs and wait for me to come down after him. I got on and made my way down.  When the doors opened he had a worried look, but seemed okay.

The incident was quickly forgotten by me as we looked at and read books. But when we were ready to leave he asked, "Can we go on the elevator?"

"Sure," I said.

"Yeah! (pause) Don't lose me, otay?" he says as he is running toward the elevator.

8 comments:

Christina said...

I just love Roger. He's such a cutie!

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

You always handle things so well, Camilla. I would've been panicking.

Nichole said...

AWWWW!

Nichole said...

ya know what I want? A current pic of YOUR Reed =-)

Becky said...

Cute! Really, Camilla, you need to stop losing your kids! ;)

La La Land said...

That is SO cute!

Linsay Mabey said...

So funny. When things like that happen with Ethan he always, tells me, "Mommy, don't get lost this time."

Katie said...

That is one of my worst fears with the elevator. Quick thinking on your part!