Sunday, August 28, 2011

My favorite scripture story, by Davis

Tonight I was reading the story of Alma and Amulek teaching the people in the city of Ammonihah.  I read about how these men were bound in prison for teaching the people about the gospel of Jesus Christ and calling them to repentance.  After being withheld food, water, clothing, and dignity, Alma and Amulek were able to break free from their cords and the walls of the prison fell down, destroying the people who had persecuted them.

My comment after the chapter was, "Davis, wasn't that a cool story?"

"Yeah.  But it isn't my favorite scripture story."

"Oh really?  What is your favorite scripture story?"

"David and Goliath,"  Davis replied.

"Why?"  I asked.

"Because. . . . . It has more violent killing.  And a battle."

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hahaha!!! That is something that cayden would say! Love it...