Sunday, April 12, 2009

Two thoughts:

1) I have a new indulgence: a long, hot shower every night after the kids go to bed. But, with this indulgence brings a slight problem: when I go to bed with my hair slightly wet, it dries in the most crazy, not-to-be-seen-in-public ways. So, I'm left to either give up this habit, or use shower caps-- anyone seen any shower caps for sale? I was worried that shower caps were only meant for old ladies, but after viewing this picture, I can conlude that they are COOL!!

2) If you ever have twins who you feel compelled to offer them a birthday party--DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT-- throw their parties simultaneously. I let each of the twins invite 10 friends . . . . . . doesn't sound too bad, right? Well, 10 isn't bad, but 20 is another story!! I seriously hosted a kindergarten class-sized party. Yes, I'm still alive, thanks to my mom, my sister, and my sleep-deprived husband. . . . .but a friend asked D which was the harder part of his day: a 30 hour on-call shift the night before in the surgical ICU or the twins' party. . . .can you guess what his answer was?

6 comments:

Chelle! said...

Hi Camilla, I just received your invite. WOW!! It has been a long time since card club days. Your twins are getting so big!! Oh my, they are adorable--all of your cuties!!!

Jessica O said...

Camilla,
I would guess that D would pick ICU over a b-day party. Am I right?
I love the picture of your kids and I am amazed at how big they are; they are beautiful.
I'm excited to get your invite and to keep in touch. However, I'll admit that I am horrible at keeping up with reading blogs.

See ya,
Jess

Jen Johnson said...

Hi Camilla,

Thanks for the invite...and by the way I saw the bomb of shower cap at Hip and Humble in Salt Lake--some of us just keep the ones from hotels because with 4 kids you will definitely have to move to showers (my luxury also) but not always washing and styling the hair. My hairdresser confessed that she goes up to 5 days without washing her hair...I have been brave enough to go 3 days...but my styling options after that are pretty scary--but I do love the time saver it is to NOT have to blowdry my hair everyday! How is residency treating you--keep looking for you at PIM events...but I'm sure you are busy just trying to keep up with life! take care and keep smiling--Jen Johnson

Kate said...

Hey Camilla!

I LOVE that you posted a pic of Snoop Dogg. He is the king of cool, especially in his shower cap :)
I proudly admit to using a shower cap. On a regular basis. Yes, I feel like an old lady sometimes but, it saves a lot of time and hassle to not wash and dry and style my hair everyday. I got mine at the dollar store I think. It's lined in fabric which I recommend. (Absorbs extra moisture, and keeps your hair from getting too matted down.) The ones from hotels don't have this. Anyway, keep enjoying those hot showers, and let me know if I can keep a lookout for you for shower caps!
--Kate Lasson

Sarah Palfreyman said...

I love hot showers at night too and always have crazy hair the next day...but who wants to do their hair late at night? not me.

Timani said...

I'm glad you've found something you enjoy and get some time for yourself to relax and unwind.

Hint for b-day parties...one friend per their age. Makes parties so much more manageable! I've combined two of my boys parties for years that way. As they get older it isn't as big of a deal when tons of friends are over. Well, it is a big deal, but we do things like sledding with 25 or the pool or a favorite was renting a huge inflatable slip-n-slide. (We're doing this again before we move).