Sunday, March 14, 2010

A kid's perspective on homes

We've told the kids often that when they are 10 years old (in 3 years) we will likely be moving because Dad will be done with residency.  This week, Davis got a serious look in his eyes and said, "Dad, I don't want to move in three years. I like it here."

"But, Davis, wouldn't you like a bigger house so you can have your own room?"

"No, this house is big enough.  I don't mind sharing."

To top it off, when we got home from church today, Davis opened up the door and said, "Home, sweet home."

I guess I need to take a page out of his book and stop complaining about my rickety, old garage, and tiny closets, and . . . . .wait, I am supposed to stop complaining.

2 comments:

WOLF-PACK said...

Isn't that funny? After we moved, my kids cried that they missed their old house, even though the new one is twice the old ones size and they have room for all their stuff now.

TripMomma said...

How cute!