Sunday, March 14, 2010

On Daylight Savings Time

I've four little children who watch for the moon
to tell them that bedtime is coming quite soon.
But now that we're charting an hour ahead
Those children will just not settle to bed!

Late bedtime is bad, something is possibly worse. . . .
We're sleeping so late that we're missing on Church!
9:00 A.M. comes so quickly for us,
there's no time to do hair, and breakfast, and fuss.

They say we are helping the environment out,
I still can't help but feel I just want to pout!
"DOWN WITH DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME" will be my bold cheer
Please join me in this-- maybe they'll forget it next year?

I wrote this poem a few years ago. . . it seems very appropriate today, doesn't it? (especially since Roger just got out of bed a few minutes ago (it is a 9:45-- oh boy, tomorrow morning is going to be a doozy)

3 comments:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

I agree!! But my Dad doesn't. He ADORES daylight savings time. But then, he doesn't have any kids to deal with, does he!

ChristopheRobyn said...

I love your poem. That is awesome. It definitely is tough on kid's schedules.

Melissa@thebblog said...

Maybe my kiddo isn't old enough yet for me to fully appreciate the hate of DST. I still love that it is lighter later. I hate mornings anyway (light or not) so that doesn't change for me. And I hate getting home from work in the dark and feeling like there is no time to do anything - darkness means time to wind down see? When it stays light till 8 or 9, I feel like I can come home from work, eat, and still have some time in the day to accomplish things. Am I weird then?