Saturday, March 14, 2009

Baddest Day

A few days ago I was sitting upstairs, chatting with a friend, when a very panicked scream came from downstairs. It was Davis, "MOOOOOOOOOOM, I pooped my pants--it's diarrhea!"

Just as I am thinking, "Oh great, this is the last thing I want to deal with right now," D walked in. When he walked into the kitchen, I deceptively asked, "Davis is screaming about something (ha ha, something) downstairs. Could you go see what the problem is?"

D made his way downstairs and after a while came up to announce that he had done the deed, helped the boy (it was not pretty, so I hear--I guess this one really snuck up on Davis--but I am also convinced that his eyes being glued to the Wii did not help him recognize that it was a liquid, not a gas).

D let me know that while he was helping Davis out, Davis asked, "Dad, when you were a boy, did you ever poop your pants?"

"No, Davis, I did not. I used the toilet when I needed to."

That wasn't what Davis wanted to hear. I guess he wanted to commiserate with Dad. "Oh. . . . . . . This is the baddest day of my life, isn't it?"

7 comments:

Liz said...

Great timing on D's part!! Glad you didn't have to deal with that one! Love D's response as well! (There I go with the exclamation marks again!!!)

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Oh, poor kid! :) The baddest day ever, huh? Well, I could tell you a story about Melissa when she and I were visiting Rachel in D.C. and she had something similar happen to her....

Loralee and the gang... said...

Oh! Poor little guy! Guess we forget how distressed they can get when we are super grossed out by the cleanup chore...
:~D

Becky said...

Good one, passing it on to D! Come to think of it, I've totally done that before!

Jandee said...

I love this story. I was telling Dusty about it and it took like 10 min. to tell the story because I was laughing so hard I couldn't finish the story. It totally reminded me of myself- and Dusty agreed! -jandee

The Neads said...

Another hilarious post. Camilla you can keep them rolling. Must be just like a circus in your house. (UH, because of the funnyness (uh is that a word))

Kelly

Melissa said...

Cracks me up!

And, I want to know why this story reminds Jandee of herself??? Jandee, accidents lately?