Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Tale of the Abandoned Locker-pants


Last week while I was doing laundry, I pulled out a pair of black Dockers--kindof dressy (D size). I didn't remember ever seeing those pants before. So I asked D if he had bought some new pants (you know, in all his free time I figured he must have run to Sears--nothing calms the wary soul like an afternoon of retail therapy).

"Oh, yeah. You see, I've been seeing this pair of pants, a white dress shirt, and a tie in the same locker for over two years at the hospital. Every time I saw them hanging there I figured they had been forgotten, but I finally pulled them out and looked at the size--turned out they would fit me. I think by now the owner has long-since left the University, and they wouldn't mind if I adopted their pants and tie."

"You took the tie too? Did you take the shirt?"

"No, that's just too weird to be wearing around someone else's dress shirt." (???? but not the pants????)

So, for any of my out-of-state med school friends, ask your husband if he left some Dockers, a shirt, and tie at the hospital. If so, we'd be glad to send them your way--I even washed them. If the owner remains anonymous--thanks for the new outfit.

6 comments:

Timani said...

Hilarious! At least they fit.

WOLF-PACK said...

That is too funny!!

Liz said...

Maybe Jeff left them there when he volunteered! Ha, can you imagine D wearing Jeff's pants...I guess it would be funnier the other way around!

Jandee said...

So that's what happened to Dusty's lost dress clothes (can we have the tie back)!! jandee

Heather said...

:) love it~

The Neads said...

That is some funny stuff. I laughed out loud, then looked around and realized, i'm laughing to myself since noone is around. AWKWARD!!!

Kelly