Tuesday, July 7, 2009

2-week Anniversary

Well, I have now survived 2 weeks with four children!! I feel really good and even took all the kids swimming at a friend's pool today (thanks Bonnie). Swim lessons are in full swing for the twins, Roger is getting used to the idea of not being the baby anymore, and we even went to church yesterday (alone- D was on call).

And now I must admit I am horribly behind on laundry- but I guess that is not too bad considering. . . . . But I had a strange moment as I was loading my colors into the laundry tonight. I found the pink shirt I was wearing 2 weeks ago-- the same shirt I gave birth in, and the same shirt I held a just-born Reed on. I don't know how it ended up in the bottom of my bin. I would have thought I'd send it to the wash sooner.

The strange thing was that the shirt was slightly stained with newborn Reed blood (hope that doesn't gross anyone out)--it didn't show very much because the shirt was a dark pink, just a remnant remained of the predicament the shirt had been through--faded. As I was soaking the shirt in hydrogen peroxide (for anyone that doesn't know, this gets rid of blood stains like a charm) I couldn't help but relive those crazy few minutes again. People keep asking if I was terrified- and I really wasn't. I didn't have time to process the levity of the situation. I'm just glad things turned out the way they did.

11 comments:

Jenni Peay said...

You are brave to tackle the swimming pool, I am impressed, I am so happy things turned out the way they did as well!

Kerri said...

Camilla, you are AMAZING. At two weeks after Ben, I was sitting on my couch, wondering how long I could get away with being postpartum. Good for you. I think you're great.

Mindy Burns said...

You are my hero! You always have been, but now even more so! Sounds like you are so on top of things you could make a drive down to AZ to visit :) I miss you!

Liz said...

I had a similar moment last week when I finally washed my capris with the little bit of blood that they had on them! I'm sooooo proud of you for doing all that you're doing with 4 kids!!! I sometimes don't want to do those things with 3! You continue to amaze me!

Katie said...

I can't believe you went to church after just two weeks, however I guess after having your baby at home without any medical personal, four kids at church by yourself should be a breeze, right?

Heather said...

you amaze me.....

xo

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Camilla, you are amazing! What a woman! Love you!

Jenny said...

Hats off to you for making it to church flying solo. Why does it not surprise me that D was on call?

Man, I can't wait to talk to you.

Timani said...

Spontaneous home birth, church by yourself and taking kids swimming two weeks postpartum...you are such a show-off! ;) I'm glad you are doing so well! That's a definite blessing.

Camille said...

Camilla, you are amazing. I am almost due with my third little baby and am a little nervous to have the kids out number Jim and I. Will you please give me some advice on how to be such a good Mom. Seriously!

Jessica O said...

You are brave; I love to take time off and relax after a baby. It takes me a long time to get back to normal.
I have to tell you that you are quite the celebrity. Everyone is telling your story; even here in Rochester MN and most of them are people you’ve never met. It is crazy how popular you’ve become.
You deserve every bit of the fame.