Monday, July 27, 2009

Raindrops on Roses, and Whiskers on Kittens

These are just a few of my favorite things this summer:
  • The nasty, run-down soda machine that miraculously still works (and is still stocked) just across the street
  • Falling asleep with Reed on my stomach for a nap
  • The sound of laughter outside as my kids are playing
  • Snuggling with Roger in the morning as we watch Little Einsteins
  • Cafe Rio grilled chicken salad
  • Pillow-talk with D at night
  • Roger's prayers
  • Eliza's dance moves when she thinks no one is watching
  • Davis's awesome tricks on the tramp
  • Finally feeling like life is calm enough that making dinner doesn't sound like pure torture
  • Almost daily trips to the gas station for an ice-cold beverage and treats for the kids
  • Watching the kids get soaked in the sprinkler on a hot, hot day
  • So You Think You Can Dance on T.V.

3 comments:

Emmy said...

That is a good list.

Stephanie said...

Your list sounds a lot like mine. I love SYTYCD. :)

Liz said...

Thanks for letting me enjoy one your favorite things last night! I had a really good, relaxing time watching T.V. with you! Sorry about all the trouble when we left! You are an amazing mother of FOUR! It makes me think that maybe I could do it someday! MAYBE!