Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Mother's Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father,
There are just a few things I want you to help me remember today. Please help me remember my 6-year-olds jumping out of the car at the drop off zone at school. As they walked a few bounds, they turned around and said, "Bye, mom. I love you."

Please help me to remember my 2-year-old's delight when his cereal was presented in his favorite bowl this morning. . . . ."Yeah, Nemo!" Help me to remember how he jumped up and down with excitement as he put on his Thomas the Train undies, "I lub Thomas!"

Help me to remember my 4-month-old's wonder as he was bathed and found the stream of water from the shower. He cautiously, clumsily reached out to further investigate with his hand. As he got braver, he decided on the ultimate experiment-- to taste the running water. As, he reached his head close to the stream of water he was surprised to get a shot all over his face. He jumped in my arms and looked at me with eyes full of water. Then, he leaned forward again and stuck out his toungue to taste the new find. Ahhh, water. Not so bad. He licked his lips.

Thank you for my little gifts this day. I am grateful for the joy they bring.

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Ah, that is very sweet. Kids are cute.

Heather said...

so sweet.......