Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weekly Reckoning, Part 3

I made some goals.

#1: Getting to bed by 10:15, lights out 10:30.
Since this is a two week review, can I just say that I started going to bed later (curse my stupid book-bingeing) and it REALLY made an uncomfortable difference last week. I feel SO much better during the day when I get to bed on time, especially in the mornings.

#2 Read scriptures with the kids during breakfast.
This one's going pretty well. I've also noticed it is the only time the kids actually listen because their mouths are busy. My mood is improved because I know I am doing something with my kids that needs to be done. I really want this one to become a habit.

#3 Exercise.
Nope. Not at all. Seriously having a devil of a time with this one. Any ideas?

#4 Babystep Checklists #1,#2
Well. I printed the checklists and started to make copies of important documents for an emergency folder-then the ink ran out of my printer. I need to back up my important computer files (aka pictures). Haven't even opened checklist #2. Gotta get on that!

Keeping these goals is giving me a run for my money. But it's important to me. Send me some love in your prayers, if you would.

4 comments:

Heather said...

i'll send you my love don't worry!! ;) i'm so proud of you cause keeping goals & sticking to them is just plain hard. so give yourself some credit. i have been reading scriptures with cayden & i hope i can keep this habit too. working out........ we will all keep trying. don't give up you are so awesome!!! muah!!!!!
xo.

Lizzy said...

Thinking about your exercise goal... Would it help if Roger came over to play while the older kids were at school?

I've also got a great walk away the pounds video you could borrow. It's perfect since it's cold outside, and you can hold a baby while doing it.

Nichole said...

exercise? join a gym. paying the fee gives good guilt (why buy if ya ain't gunna use it) plus you have to GO do it. makes it a priority because you have to schedule it and you can "go". I find it's so much easier to make it a priority when I'm at a specific location to do a specific thing instead of "i should get off the computer and exercise. or I should ignore those dishes and exercise" Hopefully an understandable comment =0)

Timani said...

Camille, so proud of you for reading scriptures with the kids. In my opinion that's the most important one on your list and you're doing it!

For printer ink...I'm going to recommend going to ebates.com (I'll send you a friend referral, sign up through them and then click 123inkjets. They have great prices on printer cartridges AND you get a 16% rebate (they really do send you checks...I've been using ebates for a couple of years...love it!) AND there are coupons for 10-15% off your order. I used to buy ink at Costco, but now I save abt 50% of Costco's price.