Monday, February 15, 2010

In Threes?

I've always been told that bad things come in threes, and now we've experienced it. . . . with our electronics.  Two weeks ago we finally decided it was time to revive our car CD player (some time ago, it trapped a CD and wouldn't let go. . . .we thought it was because Roger put a penny in it).  Unfortunately the stereo was not revivable, so we had to replace it.  Then, my computer overheated.  And on Saturday night, we went to put a DVD in the player and it wouldn't read the disc.  So we tried another one.  No go.

So now we've replaced a car stereo.
Are down a laptop.
And to add insult to injury, no movies for awhile.

ARGHHH!

Guess that ipod was an even better gift than my hubby could have predicted.  I keep sitting down in front of my computer and sadly realize it is gone when it won't boot up.  I never realized how often I used it until I have to go downstairs to the desktop.

2 comments:

Becky said...

We bought a new DVD player recently that we're really happy with. It's a Sony and it's around $40 at Walmart. When our rented movies would stop and skip all the time, we blamed the discs (and the careless people who rented them before us!), but it turns out it was mostly our 8-yr-old DVD player. The new one will play almost anything.

Camilla Millar said...

Thanks for the info Becky!