Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Who says the garbage man stinks?

I was downstairs this morning and heard the garbage truck. Oh, no!!  D went into the hospital during the night so the cans didn't get put out (he usually does it while he's leaving).  I dashed out the door and ran to get the cans.  Disaster. . . . my side had already been disposed of.  The garbage man saw me and waved me forward across the street while he backed up so I could take my can over there.  Wasn't that nice?  I guess he isn't trashy after all (no pun intended, of course).

3 comments:

Elaine said...

That IS nice!!!

Don't forget to enter to win a tankini of your choice!

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Elise said...

two weeks ago we had a similar experience. except we are the last row of houses... so no other side to go to. just imagine me, running down the street pulling our garbage can... at 7 am... in my pj's... waving my arms... in about a foot of snow... boy i love those late night calls. NOT.

WOLF-PACK said...

Holy Cow!! We did that once and the garbage man saw us take ours across the street. He skipped out can and just did the neighbors!!