Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Computerless and Floating Nights

Wow!! I never realized how often I would pop online until: dum, dum, dum my laptop decided to go on strike. Last Wednesday I was minding my own business when the laptop decided it would no longer respond to the internet. No loading pages, no surfing other people's websites, nada. After deleting a bunch of programs the internet is working, but for some reason is still having issues loading blogs. Needless to say, my kitchen is cleaner because I am not using every spare moment to sit on my bum, but I really do miss my out. Thus, I am relegated to the dungeon computer (aka desktop in the basement).

I have decided I dislike night float intensely!! Since losing my night-time computer out, I realized that when D is gone at night, I am LONELY. T.V. just doesn't hold my interest (except a few choice shows), and chick flicks just make me miss my true love.

On the plus side, D has totally adjusted to his hours and sleeps like a wee babe during the day. On the minus side-- last Saturday night was his night off and after we put the kids down, D said, "Let's go out!"

"Okay. Should we see the new Batman movie?"

"Yeah."

So we rushed downtown got the earliest tickets still available (10:00 P.M.), got ice cream, and then almost peed our pants during the movie (and I literally mean I almost peed my pants. The movie was so good I didn't want to leave to go to the bathroom so for the last 1/2 hour I was bouncing in my seat. As soon as the credits rolled, I RAN out of the theatre (D thinks this is hilarious). When we got home, it was after 1:00 and I had a hard time getting down cause D was jabbering and we were thinking about how evil the Joker was. At 2:30 A.M., I wake up because D is rolling around in bed (can't sleep-- this is his normal wake hours). We are then both awake for awhile until I politely ask him to leave because he is tossing and turning too much. When he gets up I feel guilty and say, "Nevermind. I'll sleep on the couch." I was thinking that I sleep there better (I have a bit of an insomnia problem). Needless to say, I was tossing and turning on the couch for an hour after that. Earlier in the day I had seen Suessical with the kids and kept having strange dreams of Jokers and Who's.

Anyway, that was my strange week. Hope yours was equally entertaining.

6 comments:

Timani said...

Just last night I was thinking, whoa, it's been a whole since Camilla has posted, maybe they're on a trip.

Wish you would have been, but at least you got a date and sounds like a very enjoyable one.

Completely stinks about the laptop & internet!!!

Liz said...

We really need to start walking!!!! Sorry about your computer! Sounds like what we were going through. Ugh!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. My dad doesn't even exist on the weekdays. Stupid Northern Virginia traffic.

Oh Cammila can you explain what you said on a post dated 7/12/08.

We have a saying in our church that we will be "in the world, but not of the world."

Nate said...

Oh Camilla,

I just think you're great. We're going to Batman tomorrow (I'm glad to hear it's not TOO scary!) to celebrate the END of 8 weeks of night float! Hooray!
But, now he starts transplant. Notoriously the worst. Here we go!

Hey, we're in Utah soon and I REALLY want to see you. I'm going to stalk you! Are you in town the week of the 11th?

Becky said...

My home phone and internet were down for 2 days before Comcast could come out and fix it today. I guess it wasn't such a bad thing to have a forced break from the computer!

How did you manage to go out spur-of-the-moment like that? Do you have a nanny I don't know about? I really need to get a babysitter and plan a movie night out with Jeromy soon.

Lark said...

Oh I hated the months of nights! Thankfully, they only do them intern year, so Parker is done! But last August, I cried a lot at night - it was terrible. You think you are doing so good and being so tough, but by the end of the month they start sleeping later and later into the afternoon and it gets hard!
But, glad you got to see a movie..in the theater! And I always have to pee too at the very end but hold so I don't miss out - I want my moneys worth!