Saturday, January 31, 2009

Why is eating out so great?

This morning, I was lucky enough to meet up with my beautiful she-cousins and sister for a lovely breakfast. We gabbed and gorged (well, I gorged on an artichoke and feta cheese omelet and hash browns, yumm) for 2 hours. My mom watched the kids. It was bliss. I can't seem to figure out why if I were to make such a breakfast, it just wouldn't taste as good. It probably has to do more with the surroundings than the food. You eat. You make a mess. Your only responsibility is the check. There is no lingering dirty dishes in your kitchen. It is such a shame that eating out costs 10 times what a bowl of cereal does. . . . otherwise I could make this into a glorious new habit.

3 comments:

Debi (Dubs2007) said...

I wonder if it would make a difference if it was a "potluck" type thing, with paper plates, meet at the park/church/someones house and visit without kids - would it make it as good? I think for me it might, because right now the budget is sooo important, but I understand the thrill of no dishes, no making it, and You can order whatever you want -- AND they don't complain!! And if you order more they act happy!! i don't know about you - but if my kids ask for something different then what I've prepared I get tired, and if they ask for Appetizers/dessert or a different drink i feel like my head will explode!! lol.. Nice post!

Marti said...

Mmmmm...I LOVE going to breakfast (or any meal for that matter) and being 'served'.

Melissa@thebblog said...

Thanks for arranging! I am so glad we went out and I do admit, you made the better choice from the menu!! We are for sure doing that more often.