Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Lunchbox Fiasco

The twins started first grade yesterday!! SO exciting. Pictures to follow--well, maybe, I am not so good with getting them uploaded.

Today, I told the kids I would meet them by a tree just across the street from the school. I waited. Then Eliza showed up with her friend. I was glad to see her, but wondering where Davis was. Eliza told me she thought Davis ran ahead (pretty natural conclusion). I told her, "nope, I haven't seen him." Then she told me she had grabbed his lunch box.

We waited a minute or two for Davis, then decided maybe we better head up to the school to find him. Just as we turned around, Davis came to the crosswalk. When he got to us, he said he had been looking for his lunchbox and couldn't find it. He thought I would be mad. Then I told him that Eliza had grabbed it for him. At this point, figurative smoke started coming from his ears. He grumpily informed Eliza that he was "a first grader, and first graders don't need people to do things for them." Then Eliza started crying. She was just trying to help (last year, Eliza often grabbed Davis's jacket, mittens, umbrella, or even reminded him to get his backpack).

I had a great chuckle to myself that my little twin girl was enabling her brother. What a funny bond they have. . . . .

4 comments:

Timani said...

I have so much to look fwd to.

Nichole said...

hahahaha! i can see that in my family =D

Heather said...

she is so dang cute though..... :)

Kearl said...

I have a set of brother/sister twins in my family and that whole story sounds so familiar. The girl is still (even as married adults) "taking care of" her brother whether he wants her to or not. It's kind of funny to watch. She just can't help it.