Monday, August 31, 2009

Simple Pleasures

Today, I feel happy. My twins are at school. They seem to like it (especially the part about eating lunch at school). Roger has a playdate with a friend on Mondays (I watch the kids on Thursdays). I went grocery shopping with a fabulously cute little baby. Then, I washed my car. Funny how such simple things are so enjoyable today. . . .I feel really grateful for my life. I think I will live on this high until I start potty training Roger in a few weeks. I am dreading this task.

On a side note, Saturday Eliza asked me if she could make her own toast. "Sure," was my quick reply. When I finally emerged in the kitchen Eliza was at the table with a big smile on her face. "Look, Mom, I am icing my own toast!" She exclaimed as she carefully spread jam across the bread. What a laugh from my little cutie.

2 comments:

M-Ann said...

Hooray for kids in school! I love 'em but boy, I am enjoying the occasional quiet moment and the opportunity to clean house and grocery shop!

Heather said...

can't wait for school to start too......... just some peace & quiet with my little "monster" :)