Saturday, August 8, 2009

W-O-W!!

Today while I was hauling my car seat and Roger to the register at the gas station, a teenage boy kindly let me go in front of him. Then as I was stepping out of the store, the same young man opened the door and waited for a hobbling old lady to pass through. He then proceeded to ask me if he could help me out to my car!!

What a rock star. I seriously got a warm fuzzy feeling when I thought about this kid and his parents-- it is so cool to know that there are amazing people who are teaching their kids to be so courteous and amazing teenagers who think about something other than themselves (I am pretty sure when I was a teen I was in my own little world and wouldn't have noticed a struggling mom or a hobbling lady!).

4 comments:

Mary said...

I totally agree! Our next door neighbor is just like that. So helpful and just an all around great kid. I hope my kids turn out like him. I would be proud.

Melissa said...

He probably thought you were HOT

Timani said...

Oh, how sweet!

I hope my boys are like that! (Actually my 12 yr old is (and women love him) but I hope the others get out of their own world and out of their comfort zone to help others.)

Liz said...

I LOVE kind and courteous teens and kids! I really want that for my boys!!! Yeah for good things going on in our crazy world!