Saturday, September 5, 2009

Baby-Girl Envy

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't trade my little Reed for a girl. He's definitely a keeper. But, having said that, there are just a few things I get a little envious about when I see darling little baby girls:
  • those gigantic flower bows that cover up bald heads (Reed's head is growing so well, but his hair follicles aren't keeping up. The result: an old man hairline. While I am on the topic of those gigantic flower bows, I must add that I don't know what to think when grown women don this hair accessory. My nurse in the hospital had bright pink scrubs with a matching bow in her hair. Though I can't argue the bow wasn't cute, it totally distracted from her face. . . . ah, I digress. Wait. Can you digress during a parenthetical thought?)
  • tiny pink and purple dresses
  • tights (love them on babies, hate them on me)
  • car seats with a floral design

7 comments:

Nichole said...

there is still another chance! i hoping for my chance at a pink barbie baby soon. don't think i'll do the hugantor flower though.

Timani said...

How about a headband with a giant train or truck or tool. Think that'll go over well? LOL! I think you should make one and see what D says, just for laughs.

Angela said...

I completely agree. And I'll add Gymboree. I glance at the girl's side and drool, while the boys? eh.

Linsay Mabey said...

I don't mean to brag, but I am looking forward to all of these things. All except the car seat. I am going to be practical and get a neutral design.

Loralee and the gang... said...

I loved the hair bands with the bows or flowers attached!... but my husband would always take them off. He thought they were "brain squeezers", that somehow the beautiful girly girl would not be as intelligent. Well, I have to remind him, now that said girly girl is 12, that she is in TAG. DESPite the "Brain Squeezers"
:~D

Christine said...

Sigh. And just all the clothing choices in general. Ever notice every baby girl section is 2-3x as large as every baby boy section in the store?

Melissa said...

"What seperates us from men is our ability to accessorize".-Steel Magnolias