Monday, September 21, 2009

Book Advice Required:

Hey, fans. . . .well, okay I won't be so bold as to think I have fans, so. . . . . hey, friends!
While I was at the grocery store today, I noticed the new Dan Brown book, The Lost Symbol, on sale. I almost picked it up. I saw at least two people at checkout that bought it. But, instead of throwing caution to the wind (or rather, $20 to the wind), I thought I'd ask and see who picked up the book this weekend and what they thought.


No spoilers, please. Just a thumbs up or thumbs down and whether it is worth the bucks or I should just request it at the library and wait for it.

5 comments:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

My copy is on the way having ordered it from Amazon. It's received good reviews from everything I've read. That if you liked his other books you'd like this one. One reviewer said that it reminded him a bit of the movie "National Treasure" because of the places the book takes you. But that the book makes you think whereas "National Treasure" spoon fed you everything. Personally, I loved "National Treasure" and I've hugely enjoyed all the rest of Dan Brown's books so I'm quite excited for it's arrival on my doorstep in a few days. :)

Ryan and Kim said...

I am a fan. You are great!

I didn't pick up the book though.

Michele Davis said...

Camilla, I was literally writing you a comment, thanking you for the comment a few weeks back and letting you know I had finally updated my blog, when I went back to my dashboard and saw your comment! Seriously! Thanks so much for the encouraging words, they mean a lot to me. And I would love to come up to see you guys and ski in Utah! Now I just have to find that smashing job. ;)

Loved the pictures of the kiddos a few posts back! They're so cute! And, oh my, I saw Reed's story on facebook! How crazy, but definitely a cool story to tell him when he's older. Oh, I love those newborn portraits of him too! So precious!

Sorry that update was such a long time coming. Hopefully I'll start updating my blog and commenting a little more now that my hectic summer is over. :)

Michelle Glauser said...

My advice: get it at the library. You may have to wait on a long waiting list, but you don't give out any money for it and you don't have it taking up space in your house later. :)

Melissa@thebblog said...

I'm planning to borrow my sister's copy when she's done with it and if it's good, I'll buy it paperback. I do re-read books but I'm not sure Dan Brown warrents Hardback status.