Monday, September 7, 2009

Could you have told me this before we got to the register?

The kids begged to get Lunchables at the store today. And I caved in. It is a holiday, right? (by the way, what is it exactly that we are celebrating on Labor Day?). My general objection to Lunchables is twofold: First, there are only about 6 tiny crackers, pieces of cheese, and meat (along with a treat and juice). Second, this tiny lunch will run you about $3.50 (hello, I can get a happy meal for that amount and a TOY is included).

When we got home and opened the prized box of crackers, cheese, and turkey, Eliza announced, "I really hate this cheese. Do I have to eat it?" Ummm, who was it that was begging for this lunch anyway?

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Oh, we have totally had those experiences. I can't stand Lunchables, and my kids hate them too, but they forget that. It's all that brilliant packaging.

Loved having breakfast together! Good conversation. I always love hearing your point of view.

Lark said...

I think Labor Day is to give a day off to all those people that work...minus doctors. My daughter asked why it was a holiday today and we weren't going on vacation. My response was, "Because daddy is a doctor and he always has to work on holidays."

And I hate Lunchables too!

Emmy said...

We only buy lunchables when they are on sale for $1.00, though it is always just the little ones. But yeah the cheese isn't the best.

Becky said...

My kids always ask for them, too, and last time they had them, Julia would only eat the crackers and the cookies! James still likes it all, though.