Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hoorah for my little girl!

Most days when I drop my kids off at school, I remind them, "Remember who you stand for."  I encourage them to be kind to the other kids at school and give their teacher respect.  As I watch them walk (or generally run, since we are late) into school, I hope the good part of their personalities will come out.  I say, 'I hope' because I witness the teasing and sarcasm they exhibit at home.

This morning I had a delightful surprise when I opened up Liza's backpack to clean it out and found this note from a girl at school:

"Dear Eliza, Thank you for helping me when I got hert. You are so nice. And Caring. And pretty. Love, Rachel."

Can you say Proud Mommy Moment!! Made my day. Way to go sweetheart!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

that is so sweet!!!! i get e.mails from cayden's teacher & it says please have your child be more respectful during circle time!!!! ;) i will keep on trying though!
loves.

Debi (Dubs2007) said...

Thats one of those "frame it" moments... to save in a scrapbook or on the fridge - not for her, for you! I love when I hear they are doing kind things to others at school. It gives me hope that I must be doing ok.

Becky said...

How sweet! And Rachel's mom should be proud of her, too, for writing such a nice note!