Monday, June 15, 2009

Bragging Rights

Today, D and I walked the kids to the playground at school. After we arrived, Davis had to 'go.' With the doors to the school locked, the only alternative was to find a bush, so D gave him the go-ahead.

After such outdoor peeing incidents, my dear husband always let the line fly, "It so cool than men can pee standing up."

Really? Really? Personally, I like the chance to sit down and reflect while I pee. I get privacy. I get my own little time out with permission to lock the door. I don't have to worry about follow-up dribble. And, if I really had to, I could find a bush and squat.

So, really, guys, is this a skill you really want to brag about?

5 comments:

Kearl said...

I have to say that I side with D on this one. I'll admit first that I love the bathroom (for me). I take my time; I'm a big bathroom reader. But every time I'm in a public bathroom, (and I'm not even a germophobe) I think how thankful I am that I have boys that can pee standing without touching a thing.

Questions: 1. Do you guys think you'll be in this house forever?
2. How old is Roger?
3. Are there a lot of little kids (like 2 1/2 and newborn age) in your neighborhood that will be around forever?

Jamie said...

Love it! That post gave me a good laugh!

Melissa said...

Actually, I would like to pee standing up.

Really? You sit and reflect when you pee? Now THAT'S a guy thing. (sitting on the pot for 20 minutes)

Camilla Millar said...

Melissa, you are right-I definitely do NOT always reflect while on the pot--but I seriously don't want to deal with follow up dribble.

Timani said...

So funny!

Never failed that my chore was cleaning the bathroom, it so grossed me out at seeing the pee around the outside bottom of the toilet (and I only had one brother). Dan was raised to sit (hallelujah) so my boys are sitters every time! My rule is, you can stand if you want to wash the toilet, floor, shower curtain and walls. (The splashing is just too much for me). I've never dealt with pee all over the toilet. Although when Dan would have them use a urinal in a public restroom, he'd say, "you're ruining our boys!" They'd start walking around with their pants pulled down looking for toilet paper (they still needed to wipe!) LOL!