Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mother-love

My mom pulled up to my house today with a HUGE cooler full of frozen foods--casseroles, pizza, and such. Then she brought in rice-crispy treats, hot dogs and buns, banana bread, and then proceeded to make chicken-salad sandwiches for dinner.

She is leaving on Thursday to be on tour with the Tabernacle Choir. I am so proud of her hard work in the choir and her talents, but today I was especially grateful to think she probably spent all day yesterday cooking and baking so I would be stocked up for post-delivery (which unless something happens tonight, she will miss).

I love you, mom, and thank you for the show of support! You are my angel so many times when I need a shoulder to cry on or a friend to hang out with.

9 comments:

Kerri said...

What a thoughtful and kind thing for your mom to do. Very sweet.

I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear! And the yard looks great.

Mary said...

What a SUPER Mom! That will come in SO handy after the baby comes. Sorry to hear that most likely she'll miss the birth. We're wishing you the best and wish you a VERY speedy delivery!

Heather said...

aren't mothers the best!!! that is so nice of her to do. i keep thinking of you & can't wait to see pictures. that is sad that your mom will miss the birth. have a great week i will keep my fingers crossed!!! :)

xo

Jamie said...

What a great mom! Hope you're feeling okay and I hope this little man comes sooner than later!

Timani said...

That is so thoughtful! What a blessing to have a mom like that.

Melissa said...

Good luck with the BIG DAY

Melissa@thebblog said...

I love your mom. One of my best memories is her making rice crispy treats and just putting them in bread bags. Who needs nice little squares right? A handful of treats is better than a small nice square any day. Good luck. Hope you are in the hospital as I type!!

Katie said...

Good luck with the delivery. We are waiting for the big news! I am also very interested to hear about your big yard project. Post pictures!

Becky said...

Wow, you do have an angel for a mother! How NICE.