Thursday, June 4, 2009

I am slowly losing my mind--and my body isn't my own either

Right now, my back yard is torn up--no grass, all mud (and I will be paying someone A LOT of money to do this damage--here's hoping the clean-up and building get done quickly). There is a gigantic pile of sludgy-swampy water that is trapped at the base of my driveway because it can't drain away due to a huge pile of dirt on the road. Did I mention this water smells like feces? Yep, it does.

Inside my house, the baby room is covered in bins full of baby items-- clothes, diapers, burp cloths, bottles, car seats, and toys. I think this baby has more possessions than I do and he hasn't even been man enough to show his face. . . . .

It is 7:43 P.M. D thought that he would be home around noon today because there were no surgeries scheduled. . . . . Then, there were 2 add-ons, STARTING at 3:00 P.M. He has in-house call tomorrow and Sunday. Maybe I'll talk to him in between snooze sessions on Saturday. Maybe.

I have 2 1/2 weeks until my due date. I am physically in fine condition-no high blood pressure, so swollen ankles(yet), no pre-term labor- can't complain, for a pregnant lady. Still, I am pregnant and well, to be honest, I just want my body back.

I think I am feeling a little stressed. Just a little.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds like you've got a mess in your backyard. What are you doing back there?

Being hugely pregnant, I always wanted my body back too. I would look forward to the day when I could wear a belt again.

Sarah Palfreyman said...

Oh Camilla, I am so sorry. I am sure dealing with the yard problem is the last thing you need right now. Why does this always happen with the husband is not available? We'll send good wishes your way.

The Neads said...

You know one thin I don't like about your blog not being public. I read the blogs at the top of my list because that's where they go with a new post. But since your blog is private it doesn't do that. Well now that I've figured that out, and figured out that you have been posting and I haven't been reading it, I can return to normal life. (and get a good laugh when i need it, because you are a hilarious blogger.) No seriously you are.

Kelly