Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Just Wondering

Is it just me, or do most recipes call for at least 2 cans of tomato sauce? If this is the case, why don't they sell a 16 oz can of sauce for LESS than two 8 oz cans?

I've got a lasagna recipe that calls for 29 oz can of tomato sauce. But you know what? A 29 oz can costs more than 4 cans for 8 oz- so I am stuck opening 4 cans instead of one just to save like 30 cents. . . .why am I thinking about this? Well, I don't really know, except that I just hate using the can opener and scraping the sides of those little cans for every bit of puree they will give me.

1 comment:

Laura Lynn said...

Hi!
You're like me, I always check the prices and compare oz, etc. for the better deal and you're right, the recipes always messed up. I like your random thoughts. I'll be back!
Thanks,
LL