Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The night-light elf

Last night as I was tucking Eliza in for bed she announced, "Mom, I have a problem. This is not my night light." I looked and, sure enough, her traditional blue light was replaced by the red one from the boys' room. I found her light neatly placed in the socket of the boys' room.

This is about the third or fourth time the lights have mysteriously been switched. After some sleuthing by Dad, he has determined that the switch is taking place during the day by my toddler. I can't help but laugh at Roger sneaking around bedrooms sometime during the day when no one is watching and switching out the lights. Who knows why he does what he does? Gotta love the two-year-old psyche.

D has encouraged me to talk with Rogie about this behavior because he is afraid a shocking incident is bound to happen . . . . so now instead of having an elf sneak around and keep tabs on the kids, I have to sneak around watching my little 'elf' for night-light thievery.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Hahah, switching nightlights by day? That is so adorable! :)


clothedmuch.blogspot.com