Thursday, April 8, 2010

Seen on the same shelf at the library

While browsing through books at the library today, I found two books:
  • American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War on America
AND
  • Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left from Musoolini to the Politics of Meaning
So, I hate to be confused, but seriously???  In all fairness, I checked out both books to find out who are the real fascists: the Christian right-wingers or the Liberal-left.   My knowledge of fascism is limited at best, non-existent at worst, so I guess I am open to all interpretations.  I'll let you'all know which book makes the better argument.  Sounds like a bunch of name-calling to me.

3 comments:

Kerri said...

So much of our political "discourse" right now IS name-calling. It's discouraging, isn't it?

Becky said...

Maybe it's round like the earth: If you go far enough left or far enough right, you meet in the middle at the same point! (Can you picture it?)

Heather said...

you crack me up. i heart all of your posts. you are real & i love it all.... i can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

happy friday.