Sunday, August 17, 2008

Week of the deadly B's: "buyer's remorse" and "bike bum"

Yes, I know you are thinking, "Hey, Camilla just used the words bike bum in her title!"

Yes, I know, I am dorky, but I finally found a way I can exercise with the kids: biking. The twins have learned to ride on 2 wheels this summer and are now getting confident enough that I can take them on the road with me. So, I've been loading Roger into the bike trailer and taking them out. I've never been real big on biking and I was painfully, yes painfully, reminded how sore a behind can get after a nice long ride (incidentally, sore bum is the reason I don't love biking). Anyone have any tips-- my tiny hiny (okay, not so tiny) needs your help.

On another note, D finally got his way and we got ahold of a Wii. I am experiencing an extreme case of buyer's remorse because I CAN NOT GET DAVIS TO STOP BUGGING ME ABOUT PLAYING--seriously he asked about 15 times during church today when we could go home so he could play. Why, oh why, did I give in? Two years ago I swore I would NEVER own a gaming system. I never imagined that I would be eating my words so soon. I am going to be setting some serious rules and limits tomorrow.

Curse those awful B's!

10 comments:

Timani said...

Gel.seat.cover!

They help a lot, but often aren't good enough...you may just have to build up your "bum" tolerance. :)

Becky said...

I always swore we'd never own a video game system, either. But after we'd been married about 5 years, I gave in. James LOVES Lego Star Wars. We only let him play it one day a week (Monday) and only if he's good in primary the day before! Jeromy occasionally plays other games with the kids during the week also.

I have a friend who only lets her boys play video games one day a week--that's their video game day, and so they don't even ask on other days. You might want to consider something like that after the newness wears off so he's not constantly asking!

Heather said...

w i i totally worth it.. we love it!! :) Wish i had a bike, but know what you mean by "bike bum" :)

The Taintor Family said...

I second the gel seat cover idea as well as the idea of tolerance. The first ride is a pain in the, excuse the pun. Every ride after that is better and better

Crystal said...

Buy a cruiser seat and switch it with your regular bike seat. They are wider. :)

Michael n' Brooke Sanderson said...

As you know Mike is a huge biker and I hated it because I also "hurt" after every bike ride. We were at a specialty bike store and saw a "womens" bike seat. It has a hole in the middle of the seat. I no longer have soreness after long rides. It's a very good investment!

Michael n' Brooke Sanderson said...

Hey about your WII problem, I was just reading in Parents Mag and there was a mom who said she gave her kids 3 "tokens" every morning and each one was worth eitehr 10 minutes of video game time. The kids could choose to play in 10 minute incerments or turn all of them in for 30 straght minutes of play time. Good Luck.

Unknown said...

WiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIiiiIIIiiiIIiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!11111111one

Kelli said...

Your bum gets used to the long rides...after a while. Keep pushing through!

My Voice Marshfield said...

Amen to tokens--that's what we do with the computer. My friend says that for every minute her twins practice the piano they can have a minute of game time. They've been practicing a lot . . .