Monday, December 1, 2008

Dear Macy's Executive,

I was thrilled to get your 53 page ad in the mail today regarding your ONEDAYSALE. I would, however, like a few things explained to me. First, if you will flip your ad to page 40 with me, you will see that the title of the page is, "ALL MEN'S GROOMING ON SALE." My problem is that contained within this page are pictures of such items as a Shark Power Sweeper and a Rowenta Effective iron. The last time I checked in on my man, he had very little to do with the ironing or sweeping in our home--so either your ad is at fault or my husband is a woefully inept Groomer.


In addition, as you flip with me to the cover of the ad, you will see that the Preview day for your sale is listed as an entire day before the actual Public sale date of Saturday, December 6th. If I understand correctly, a preview day is simply an additional day of sale prices. Therefore my reasoning tells me that your ONEDAYSALE will, in all honesty, be running for two days. So, perhaps you need to have a word with your advertising department.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
A confused suburban mother of 3

5 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

I love it, haha!

Unknown said...

Gotta love typos! :D

Michael n' Brooke Sanderson said...

Thanks for a good laugh, although you are a mother of 3.5 now!

Stephanie said...

hilarious. They must really think we're idiots. :)

Rebecca said...

Your funny, however the ad was for the men in my family. Yes, of all my sisters (including my husband), our men do the ironing in the relationship. The same holds true for my two brothers. At one family affair, the mens conversation turned from 'great fishing spots' to their favorite starch. I love the 20th century man!