Sunday, December 21, 2008

What Men are Good For

Roger has, once again, worked his toddler magic and jammed a CD into the player (yeah, I know, we've got to get CD's out of his reach . . . I like to blame all problems like this on the twins-- "Oh, the twins left out a marker and Roger got it--never my fault).

I've been ignoring the issue, happily tuning my radio dial to a Christmas station of choice. D, however, was right on it when he discovered the problem. He set to work this afternoon and had SONY parts scattered all over the table until it was sufficiently disassembled to retrieve the offending blockage. I took a nap, and ta-dah!! I have a working CD player again.

It's not that I am intimidated by unscrewing or anything, by I am grateful that someone in the family will jump at the opportunity to play with electronics. I'm sure as a boy, D pulled apart so many of these items he basically knows how it will work.

I'm grateful he is the one who remembers to climb on the roof and winterize the swamp-cooler (though, thankfully, this will be the last year--we've now got central air, woohoo!) I'm glad he doesn't ignore the drooping fence post whose base rotted out last winter--yep, he's on the job, digging out a huge hole to remove it. There are many other things that I ignore, but are of paramount importance to him.I'm glad he notices and does things that I don't.

Now, if I could only get him to pick up his pajamas from the bathroom floor in the morning. . . . .

7 comments:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

And just like their are things that you ignore but are important to him...I have no doubt that there are things that are hugely important to you, things that you are always on top of, that he ignores. It's nice to have a partner, eh? Because then usually everything gets taken care of one way or another. :)

Kerri said...

Very impressive, Camilla. Good for D.

Nichole said...

I have a great fixer too. Sometimes the honey-do's are delayed for weeks, but I'm SO happy when they do get done. Been sick all week and Ned stood at the sink for over an hour doing the week's dishes. What a guy!

We're moving Jan 1, 2009 to http://ned-nichole-reed-will.blogspot.com

Please update your bookmarks and for officer safety please remove all mention of our last name from your blog. The perils of fame =D

The Dunham Family said...

Does D want to fix my CD player next?

The Cherry Family said...

You win some, you lose some. Looks like you're mostly winning though. Andy sounds very helpful.

Katie said...

Yes, yes, yes! We love our men!

Dawn said...

You're lucky. My surgeon is totally unmechanical--can't even put up a Christmas tree. Or maybe that verb should be "won't"?--either way you are lucky to have a fix-it guy who doesn't restrict his fixing to bodies. In his defense, he does do dishes, scrub floors, clean bathrooms.