Monday, December 15, 2008

Pet peeve or two

Don't you just hate it when the grocery store bagger ties up your plastic bags in a double knot so you have to tear open the bag and ruin it--never to be reused?

And speaking of that, don't you hate it when the person in front of you practically stops the car and begins his turn AND THEN turns on his blinker? (signal your intentions)

And finally, don't you hate it when the word verification rectangle on the comment box doesn't make any sort of word that can kindof make sense? For instance, if your letters are v-e-r-i-t-y you can say "verity," in your mind and it is easier to type, but if the letters say r-t-u-y-l-m, you say, "rituyalum" and inevitably spell the verification word wrong and then have to type another word (this time you hope for verity).

Are you with me?

8 comments:

Liz said...

I'm with you! I absolutely hate the signal thing! I have a lot of pet peeves when I'm driving! ...By the way, I'm sorry about your creche not getting finished! Don't throw it away! Let's find you some twigs! Do you have a way to get ahold of that girl? When I got home that night, I stayed up and hot glued it. It worked GREAT!

Heather said...

i just want to say i loVe the kids picture!!!! so cute! we miss you guys & i wanted to say i hope you have a merry christmas! We will be in town for the holidays... lets try to get together again!!

xo

p.s. i love your posts!

The Dunham Family said...

I Hate plastic bags in general. My pet peeve is that they only put a couple items in it, and you end up bringing home a million bags for just a couple of grocery items! Paper or reusable is the way to go--if only I could remember to take my green bags with me to the store.

Melissa said...

That picture is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I can't believe all of your kids are smiling perfectly.

Crystal said...

Ha Ha! Yes, I've had the exact same thoughts about the word verification thing. One reason, I've just left it off of mine. Yesterday as I was posting on someone's blog, the word verification was bustie. I thought, now that's nice.

Katie said...

Camilla, you are so funny! I agree with all your pet peeves.

Melissa@thebblog said...

and why can't they just all be real words - it's like passwords these days, I have a million and have they have to have capitals and lowercase and numbers and symbols. How is anyone supposed to function anymore? I can't remember that Fss49**lsj is the password for the bank and Dg*200kD is the password for the computer - and then they tell us not to write them down . . . (and, no, those aren't really my passwords so don't try them)

Nichole said...

I drive the baggers crazy because I tell them how to bag and whenever possible, I bag my own. A little OCD I Know!