Saturday, April 26, 2008

R.I.P. David

It is with sadness that I must inform my audience that David, our 17 day-old sucker fish, has died.

I never knew that a 5 year-old could become so attached to a little fish that spent most of his days in the pump sucking up the goldfish poop and tank grime. Alas, we had a very tearful (VERY tearful for Eliza) parting tonight and sent little David back to the ocean via our toilet.

What an interesting opportunity to talk about the Plan of Salvation with my little kids. Their major solace was that David's spirit is now in heaven with DeeDee (D's mom passed away when he was 17). By the way, it is really hard to talk about fish resurrection with a strait face.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That is awesome! We went on a walk tonight and ran into our neighbor's 3 adorable puppies. My kids were begging for a dog (even Naomi was panting and pointing) and as I watching my 3 little puppies, I thought, "there is no way in the world that we will ever have an animal." now the question is, you going to replace it?

Angela said...

We totally had the same conversation when our fish died. Tyler wanted to make sure that the fish would be in heaven with grandma and would be resurrected one day. I told him yes, and then hoped that I wouldn't get in trouble for passing off this belief as doctrine.

The Taintor Family said...

Please pass along our condolences to Davis and the rest of the Millar family. When Seth's goldfish die I had him help me flush it, thinking that it would provide closure, etc, etc. It didn't work so well. One more reason why I want to get a dog over a fish.