Sunday, November 16, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Today during Sharing Time, Sister H. said that she needed some volunteers who were good readers for a little readers' theater. The gifted Nate L. (6 yrs), enthusiastically raised his hand and blurted out, "I am a great reader. In fact, whenever I see a word, I can't help but read it!"

Later this afternoon when D was telling the kids about his patients (something he actually does quite frequently), he was explaining about a gentleman he had operated on. Prior to the operation, they had taken an CT-scan of the man's abdomen and found his appendix was inflammed. Davis looked at Dad with big eyes and asked the follow up question, "It was on fire?"

2 comments:

Jandee said...

very cute, I can totally see Davis saying that. By the way our neighbor friends are Billy and Eliza, and when we first moved here Emma would always call them Davis and Eliza!-jandee

Juli said...

Primary is the best for comments like that! I wish I could remember them all!