Friday, November 14, 2008

Thankful for YOU

(warning: excessive cheese to follow)



Tonight as I am sitting here in bed, husbandless, I just feel overcome with gratitude to be married to such a great guy. Even though his work is grueling and takes him away from us a lot, he remains cheerful and resilient. He treats me with respect even when I don't deserve it. He loves me, even when I'm not very loveable. He is a wonderful father and a great example to me. I really feel like if everyone on earth treated their spouse the way I am treated, a lot of suffering and sadness would be alleviated--and I really mean that. He has been teased in his life for having too much energy or being too happy, but those qualities have blessed me so much. Thank you, my dear Deedles for being my guy. I love you!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

needs WAY more cheese ! that was so sweet, I'm sure he has been blessed with a wonderful wife because of his talents.

Stephanie said...

Aw that was sweet. And it wasn't cheesy until that Deedles part. :) Did you read my post this week about good men? I couldn't agree with you more.