Thursday, November 6, 2008

Underwear Sizes

Our family badly needed to stock up on the basics--underwear and socks!! Davis is 5 years old and starting to move away from the toddler sizes and into the big boy sizes. While I was shopping yesterday, I grabbed the small size for Davis in the big boys section. When I got home I undid the package and pulled out the underwear-- they were huge!! I looked on the back of the package and laughed to see that the 'small' size was intended for boys from the weight of 42 to 56 pounds--a 14 pound difference! That is the weight difference between Davis and Roger right now. Seriously, 14 pounds for kids--someone in the underwear department at Hanes needs to be educated. I returned the undies and went to Kids' R Us where they sold underwear by the whole sizes: 5, 6,7, and 8.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hate that transition from toddler to boy's sizes... so hard to figure out what really fits.

And I always want to fall over backwards when I pull my own underwear out of the package. The only thing worse than having underwear that looks like it could fit on a large farm animal is trying it on and realizing it FITS you. Aaargh.

Melissa said...

Maybe Deedles can wear them.

Melissa said...

I just realized that could sound offensive. Feel free to delete.