Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight

Yep, I was the winner of a ticket to Twilight yesterday from my niece, Quinci. Thanks, Quinc. We had a great time--though I was super late because of crazy traffic on the freeway and missed standing in line and hangin out before the movie.

WARNING FOR DIE-HARD TWILIGHT FANS: SPOILER

My opinion: The movie was entertaining and it was fun to watch the book come to life. My major beefs were: 1) I thought the special effects were very low-budget. 2) I just couldn't get over the fact that the actor playing Edward looked like he was wearing heavy make-up in every scene (sorry, that pretty boy thing just isn't for me!). Actually, now that I think about it--all of the Cullen's make-up was cheesy and fake. 3) I thought the romance between Bella and Edward came off a little thin-- I truly didn't believe from the screenplay that they actually could be in love with each other from their minimal interactions--just seemed like a flimsy teenage crush to me (sorry!)

Sorry if this offends, it's just my opinion!

4 comments:

Michael n' Brooke Sanderson said...

We had our wives club go and see the 12:O4 "midnight" showing of Twilight. We had a blast. I agree with your opinions, I thought it was very "natural" looking characters kind like Keira Knightly's Pride and Predijuce. The relationship didn't have time to progress to truly show the depth of it. Overall will definately see it again and again. Good to hear you saw it.

Samantha said...

I had several problems with the movie. Maybe I just had too-high expectations because the book was so awesome. But here is my list: 1)Edward over-acted in every scene. 2)The music was awful!! 3)The flow was off ... it seemed more like a made-for-TV movie to me. 4)People in the theater were laughing ... it's not supposed to be funny! 5)It was shaky. What was up with all the camera jiggling anyway? 6)The relationship was not well established ... someone who hasn't read the books might watch it and think, 'what's the big deal about this?!' ... I will definitely not let Wes watch it.

These are my thoughts. I know it's hard to take a long book and turn it into a movie, and I don't have a problem with the minor changes they made (jumping out the window, etc) but the Harry Potter movies, for example, are much better adaptations of the books, more visually stimulating, and can stand on their own without the books. I don't feel this way about this movie.

And that's my 2-cents.

Unknown said...

Honestly, I'm just not gonna go see it. Based on the cast and the preview, it'll just wreck the book for me.

Mindy Burns said...

I just think you're all crazy :)